Monday, May 5, 2008

Yahiko Art Museums

Whoa today was pretty rad! So on my way home from hiking on Saturday I ran into one of the ALT's from my group and it turns out she's just a couple stops apart form where I live. I didn't even realise she( Brigett) was soooo close. So we decided to go to the Art Museums today in Yahiko. They were really rad the first one was ok but when I was there I found out that the next exhibit that's planned to come 7/16 is an Ainu exhibit. I'm SOOOO DANG EXCITED!!!!!!! So we'll have to go back. We where both pretty excited for that. The second one we got lost looking for it but finallly arrived. It was all this really cool Victorian, Art Nauvoo and Art Deco exibition! It was pretty rad. While I was there I got a few postcards with prints on them. I took them home and taped them up on my bare hospital walls. Then we went to the Yahiko shrine and found some yummy food and something for our staff members (as is costomary to do when you visit another city). It was fun and cool to actually have someone to hang out with. It was funny though because I thought I got a lot of stares when I meander around. We got a ton more stares when we are gabbering away in English together. It was kinda funny but it didn't make me feel as bad because I was distracted with someone else being there. We had a good time and even got a good laugh at the Yahiko deer. They are really short and fuzzy and we enjoyed watching people feed them potatos. They are kinda cute! I'm enjoying "golden week". I even got my laundry and ironing done. Then I swept the floor for dust bunnies and beat up my futon to fluff it. My sheets are still sitting out drying though. I don't think they will be ready till tomorrow since it's been raining.

Tomorrow will be the best day ever!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holly!

Firstly, many apologies for being so damned anti-social and spending 99% of my Japan time confined to tiny Muikamachi. I read your blog in school this week but was mercilessly confined to read-only due to the school's evil filtering system!

Anyway, looks like you're making the most of things, especially with actually using a camera - most of my pictures are of the suburban hellhole with tiny bits of countryside in the background. Your mention and first glimpse of Sado Island is especially good because I too really want to go there - on Google Maps its clear what a freak of nature an island made of two mountains is. Would be smashing if we could get some people together to go camping or something sometime.

Either way, keep up the good work of photography and I hope to be up on your side of the world sometime soon, although probably not that soon as there's only so much you can do with 3000yen and a hunger for crepes.