Saturday, March 15, 2008

I made it to Japan

Whelp. Here I am. I'm cheesin' it big time. All ready for my first day of training. I had butterflies all last night and kept dreaming about the classrooms in Niigata.
The flight was fine, and surprisingly enough my legs didn't get to restless on the 18 hours of sitting. I sure slept a lot though. I slept all the way to Toronto and from Toronto to Japan with the exception of about 2 hours when I watched "Enchanted". (Which I'm really glad I got to see and considered it quite a treat because that was the movie I wanted to see before I left...Brook said it was good)
Luckily I only lost one piece of luggage, which I hope turns up some time today or tomorrow. I met up with a recruiter from INTERAC and a few other teachers (just barely). Met my roommate, Jessica (London), then slept for another 9 hours. Whooot, I guess I needed some catching up to do on the sleep. Well, I'm heading down to breakfast here soon and see what we have. I'll be sure to post pictures and keep you all updated.

A few things about Japan:

-A+ customer service
-Heated toilet seats: I was pleasantly surprised this morning. =^____^=
-Everything is kinda miniature, they sure know how to get a lot out of little space.
-It feels funny driving on the other side of the road.

Well, that's about all I can say for now.

-Chao!

2 comments:

Tyler Davis said...

In Japan, no way. That's so freaking cool. I like your life. Are you teaching English? Bregelle got me one of those Pentel brush pens they only sell over there. That's sooo cool. Also, we got your squid! It looks so great, you're amazing. Let me know what you want in return. Also, drop me an email, I have a question about graphic novels and pricing. Have fun in your new little world.

Sushi Sundae said...

I know! I saw it on you blog I'm so jealous. I must find one while I'm here no matter what! Tell me how you like it. Thanks I'm glad you like it! ^__^