Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The scoop!

Well tomorrow is finally Wednesday! Things are going so awesome here but at the same time I feel like I've been here forever! We've got classes for about 8 hours a day and then usually finish it off with a little trip to the mall at the end of the day.

Wow, where do I start.

Sunday we had policy classes.
Monday we confirmed assignments, met branch and team members (The people that take care of us!) got housing contracts and even paid for my first month and a half of rent. I also got hanken (A little stamp of my last name, it works like a signature). Then for dinner drank this mysterious tapioca peach drink.




it wasn't bad but it wasn't good either.

Tuesday went over class material. We did practice simulations teaching and drills and games.

This could all potentially be pretty boring but this is a fabulous place and company to be working with. Class it's self is practically stand up comedy! Jody our entertainer, I mean trainer, it awesome, not only funny but is really preparing us well for the real little Japanese world out there and I'm feeling more and more confident that despite all the social rules, I might have a chance. =^____^=

Funny thing about speaking Japanese because as you all know I don't know Japanese but more than a small handful of words which my mind has seemed to store under the "other language" portion of my brain, causing the problem of speaking Spanish on an occasion when naturally Japanese is more appropriate. However even then I may not even use the correct words at all.
For example: I went to pick up my key for my room, I did well to start with and even remembered to receive it with both hands and a bow, but then I opening my yapper and said loudly, "Gracias, ohayo gosai mas" (I'm sure I butchered the spelling but you all know what I said.) Now, in this circumstance the correct phrase would be thank you but no, I said "thank you" in Spanish and then said "hello, good morning" (greeting). It made no sense according to the situation. Latter that day again Gracias slipped when I got off the bus.

It's beautiful and amazing to be here! I'm stoked to get to my area. Apparently I'm just out side Niigata City but still in the prefect of Niigata and just on the verge of the country side. The ocean is just over the hill from my apartment. It all seams so beautiful and exciting and can't wait to explore and meet the kids!

Just as an ending note I feel quite fine here and safe and confident in the company to take care of me while I'm here.

One of the coolest things here that I have also enjoyed is meeting people from all over the world. My roommate Jessica is from London and so is out neighbor that I sometimes hang out with. We've got Australians, Irish, Scottish, British, American, there may be another European country. Anyhoo, it's really neet!

Well, I'm all in good health here and hope to hear that you all are also doing well. I'll write with more info later on training.

Saturday I leave at 7am for my area.

I love and miss you all

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Câmera Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://camera-fotografica-digital.blogspot.com. A hug.