Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Sanjo

Monday was grocery food guessing game. Just because it has a picture on the package doesn't mean that's what it is...and vice versa...just because there isn't a fish on the package doesn't mean they don't try to slip it in there. I think I did pretty well with the exception of soy sauce. There are too many choices of dark liquids that could be soy sauce. I had to have someone find it for me. Not bad for a gaijin. Then I got home are realised all the instructions are in Japanese as well....Oh crud!

Today was explore the area day. I went eastish. I encountered berry flavored kit kats in celebration of the cherry blossom festivals comming up, bike shops, books stores up the wazooooo, and kitchen/cutlery place, a mall, a grocery store, the drycleaners(always good to know) and a craft store (with uber cute fabric of course) and a 100 yen store and a walmart-ish type place with a little of everything, and the fish market (misc.fish stores). For the record I didn't get lost and managed to do all that with out any knowledge of the Japanese launguage. All you need is arms and a face to get around, but it helps to know "please" and "thank you". ^_____^ My nose got too much sun and now it's pinky.

Yesterday I started my illustrated version of my journal. I know time will be tighter once school starts but it's fun recording the adventure this way...if I ever find a scanner somewhere I'll post a few of the pages. It has been enjoyable. I usually never have time like this to draw and piddle around. Plus, Mom would be proud to know that I got lots of veggies and have actually done some cooking. Last night I made Egg-fu-young...well it was my take and variation on it because I couldn't remember how to make it really. It was good ^____^ I'm also scouting out the best treats of course too.

Before I came to Japan people said that others would stare. I think I stare more at them than them at me. However today while I was looking dumbfounded at the Train station map, two high schooler girls where giggling and taking pictures of me with their cell phones.

No comments: