Saturday, April 5, 2008

I heart Maki and Kamo!

This morning I went to explore Maki a bit and to my surprise found a wonder of treasures! Maki is very close to the coast, it's country side and beautiful. Just over the mountains is the ocean.




All the kids are off the school!



I found a fun farmer's market place that was selling beautiful homegrown food! One of the little old ladys literally had fallen asleep with her head in her hands. The little old women like her remind me of the old Bolivian woman.







I met what I figured was a girl scout troop type group of the sort. I made a little donation to their boxes and they let me take a picture with them. Also this cute little man makes these filled pancake treats. You can buy them with creme in them (vanilla pudding) or with sweet bean paste in them.




I had to take a few shots of the flowers and a few cherry blossoms that are out a tad early.




Kamo is farther inland but beautiful countryside as well. Kamo has a beautiful park not too far from the station which is were most of these where taken.

Here's the school.



Kamoyama Park







I had a beautiful and quite an eventful day. I'm glad I was prepared! Kamoyama Park is a BIG park! You can easily take a couple full days to look around and go hiking. I did a little (as you can see). I'm excited to go back and explore more!

This weekend should be pretty lo-key. I have to stay in town to do immigration paperwork and such. But the following Sat. I'm shooting for Shibata! Yay! I love public transportaion!

No comments: