Saturday, April 19, 2008

School is Cool!!

WOOOOWWWWW!! I can't believe two weeks has already passed since I started school! I'm so very pleased and blessed to report that school is going awesome. In my opinion anyway. I'm having a great time! The kids are really shy and look at me oddly most of the time but some classes are breaking out of that and it's great to see their progress. It's not easy to gain self-confidence in another language or find your voice in another language so they are doing great. I'm having a class on Tuesday choose items from a bag and make up skits. I'm excited to see how that goes in the future. I have great schools! I received such a warm welcome from all of the schools it was really nice. Plus, despite the shyness of the students they are all pretty good about saying hi to me in the hall. I have a hard time walking and getting around the school sometimes because of it...hee hee. They are fabulous and I'm really looking forward to more classes with them to see how they come out of their shells.
I'm loving the staff. We have awesome people here teaching! They are sooo nice and funny. There are a few teachers that I really enjoy speaking with and they are such a hoot! I really enjoy team teaching with them. I have a little handful of favorites to team teach with though. To be honest we have a blast and during the class we like to make jokes and tease the kids. Honestly I can't complain they are great.
This is about all I have to report on. Classes are going great and I might join up with the missionaries in their English classes to help out there. We had a class today that I helped out with and it was pretty cool, plus I get to see Sister Tanabes. Sister Tanabes is this fabulous lady in our ward, she's sooooo funny! She speaks English pretty well and we have a good time together. I actually went with her and her friend down to Niigata City to see Conference. She's a blast. Yeah all is good and there's a festival this weekend too so I hope to catch a little of it. We'll see what comes up.

No comments: